Saturday 4 July 2015

Charlie Smithers: Keeping me inspired since 2013!

This just in: a great review for Adventures in India. Check it out, and don't be afraid to give it a 'Yes' if you found it helpful. Many thanks, Deb!

on July 3, 2015
As a long-time fan of historical fiction, I am endlessly amazed at how a novel, well-written and rich with detail, can transport me back in time to a place I may have rarely had time to contemplate, can teach me world history in a way I may not have otherwise learned, and can take a society of people who had previously seemed a world away somehow feel as familiar to me as my own neighbors. CW Lovatt has done that with Charlie Smithers; Adventures in India. This is the third book I have read of Mr. Lovatt's, and the second Charlie Smithers, and he keeps the stories coming in a way that, while fresh and exciting, continues to inspire learning and compassion about a people and a culture in a part of the world we here in the west may too often overlook. Good for CW!! I look forward to the next (?) Charlie!
CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment