Saturday 1 March 2014

WRITE ON THE LAKE COMPETITION - FIRST PRIZE IN FICTION!!!

I just received this email from Susanne Pascal, Chairperson for Lake Winnipeg Writers' Group's "Write on the Lake" contest. It appears that my short story, "Angel," won First in Fiction:

"Dear Chuck,

On behalf of the Lake Winnipeg Writers' Group I would like to congratulate you for your fiction entry being awarded FIRST Prize in our 2014 creative writing contest.
Please forward an electronic copy of Angel  to Voices editor Maurice Guimond at voiceseditor@mts.net as soon as possible so that your story can be included in the next edition of Voices.
I will be in touch regarding the book launch in May and will forward your prize cheque as soon as possible. Should you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely,
Susanne Pascal
-chairperson for the Write on the Lake Contest committee"


Some of you may recall that I won this same contest last year, with my story "And Then It Rained." Two years in a row, and I'm happy to report that the elation hasn't diminished one iota!

Now I think I'll go float on the ceiling for a while...maybe quite a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment