Wednesday 13 March 2013

Coming Out The First Week In May

Just had a look at the calendar, and OMG!

The first week in May is going to be exciting (well, for me anyway). The ever prestigious literary magazine, FreeFall, just got back to me about when their next issue will be released, which includes my story, "Angus Breaks Free". Guess when! Yep, and that comes pretty close to when e-zine HelloHorror releases their issue with my flash-fiction, "Baggage".

Award winning (ahem!),"And Then It Rained", will be coming out in Voices almost exactly a month to the day later, along with my regular submission, "The Icon", one of the oldest stories in my collection, written in 1993, when I still had the experience of a year spent working in Romania coursing through my veins.

You'll be able to find all four of these stories posted on this blog immediately after the pertaining magazine releases that particular issue, but that's not all!

Early May is also the deadline for submissions for an anthology my publisher, Wild Wolf, plans to release as an ebook, probably sometime over the summer. You'll want to get this. They'll be practically giving it away. You see the idea is not to make money on the book itself, but to give you an idea of the talents of their authors, so you can judge whether you might like to read more of our work (it's at this point that it would be nice to make a buck or two). With that in mind, you can bet that we're all submitting our very best stuff. Don't worry, I've already sent mine in. Just waiting to hear back.

Oh, one more thing. That'll be around the time that I can expect my next royalty for Charlie Smithers to arrive. I have no idea what to expect, the numbers have been bouncing around all over the place, but gradually working their way higher (as far as I can tell, anyway. I'm by no means an expert at reading these things).

So yeah, a whole lotta stuff going on in a little over a month from now. I, for one, can't wait!

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment